Adult Material is allowed so long as it is clearly marked, covered at all times. Sale to minors under the age of 18 is strictly prohibited. You are responsible for checking the ID of each customer.
Official AmineNEXT 18+ wristbands are acceptable forms of age verification. If you have any reasonable suspicion that it has been altered or tampered with in any way, you are required to verify the age via a government-issued ID.
Adult Material is defined as anything sexually explicit, portraying sexual acts and nudity. Nudity is considered showing any body part(s) that would be normally covered by a typical bathing suit–swim trunks/Speedo for males, bikini for females.
The acceptability of displays of adult material is at the sole discretion of the Artist Alley Department Head. Any materials which are sexually explicit, extremely graphically violent, or otherwise unsuitable for children must be displayed in a manner that keeps minors from seeing them. If any of these materials are found left out in the open, or the Artist Alley staff receives complaints, the artist will be asked to remove the material in question.
Mystery Box Policy
Mystery Boxes are permitted at AnimeNEXT with the following parameters:
- Artists must be able to provide proof of authenticity for all items sold if requested by the Artist Alley Staff or Convention Attorney
- If requested, one or more samples of a mystery box, chosen by the Artist Alley Department Head or Convention Attorney, must be provided to inspect
- All items inside the mystery box must adhere to the Artist Alley rules
Fan Art is defined as artwork based on popular works of fiction (such as books, movies, etc.) that is created by fans. What is determined to be fan art is at the sole discretion of the Artist Alley Department Head.
Fan art may take up a maximum of 50% of the display space regardless of mediums. For each piece of fan art displayed you must also display an original piece of similar or larger size.
- 50% shall be defined as half the table's visual display area. For example, if there are 6 square feet of display area then no more than 3 square feet of your display area may be fan art.
- You may use a limited number of duplicates in your display. If using duplicates of original artwork to meet the 50% display space rules you may use up to 2 DUPLICATES TOTAL to do so.
- Artists must respect the source's trademarks. This includes but is not limited to avoiding things such as use of logos in their display, signage referring to the artwork by its series or signage referring to a character's name. Please be aware that infringing a source’s trademark will be automatically considered one strike against the table.
- You may have up to 2 portfolios, flip books, or bins/boxes to display on your table. These displays must also conform to the 50% fan art display rules
- Celebrity/Character likenesses is considered to be fan art.
- Items made using licensed fabrics or materials that fall under first sale doctrine are considered fan art. Items which fall under the first sale doctrine may include but are not limited to stickers, pouches, clothing, lanyards, etc.
- If a piece of art appears to be very similar to a licensed, copyrighted, etc. piece of art, the artist may be asked to remove it from display and sale at the discretion of the Department Head.
- The artist bears all responsibility and risk for the items brought for sale at AnimeNEXT. Any questions regarding this policy will be resolved by Artist Alley Department Head, and in consultation with the AnimeNEXT lawyer when needed.